AACHEN, Germany – March 11, 2019 – nablet, a leading provider of media processing technologies, announced today that it has updated its popular Video Processing Engine (VPE) SDK with new features including alpha blending, enhanced deinterlacing, and enhanced denoising. The updated toolkit is now available with simplified licensing at a low, flat-rate price of $9900 for unlimited use.
The nablet VPE is a powerful collection of modules which can perform various media processing functions with exceptional quality and performance. In many cases, these components can perform functions in software that previously required specialized, expensive hardware.
The SDK includes these modules:
- Deinterlacer /interlacer including an automated decision engine which chooses the best parameters for optimal results.
- New alpha blenderwhich can composite multiple layers up to 4K directly in the YUV buffer.
- Scalerwith sub-pixel rendering for the highest possible quality.
- Denoiserwhich removes noise to reduce bitrate while maintaining quality, or to improve quality at the same bitrate, all without reducing sharpness.
- Video rotator and flipperto fix issues with upside down or rotated images captured by older cell phones or security cameras.
- Color converterwhich uses a unique method of converting between color spaces, resulting in higher video quality, and supports a wide variety of formats used in broadcast.
“VPE is an unprecedented value,” said Muzaffer Beygirci, nablet CEO. “It includes many tools that can simplify workflows and often replace costly hardware components like keyers. And now it’s an even better value, as we offer the entire SDK with unlimited use for just $9990. Now, companies of any size can benefit from these components and use as many as needed, without being tied down by budget constraints.”
In addition to the low-priced license, nablet offers maintenance and support packages for only $2900 per year.
Additional information and purchase links are available at www.nablet.com/vpe.
nablet is a leading provider of codec, streaming, media processing, automated metadata and MXF technologies which are used widely in entertainment, broadcasting, OTT and related industries. Clients include Sony, Intel, IBM, Rohde & Schwarz, ARTE, Vizrt, Syncbak and many more prominent companies around the world. In addition, nablet is the official developer of the Sony format plugins for Avid Media Composer. Based in Aachen, Germany, the company was founded in 2011 by industry veterans who developed many of the most widely used codecs in use today. nablet develops all of its codecs and related components in-house. The company recently opened its USA headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. Additional information is available at www.nablet.com.
nablet is a trademark of nablet GmbH. Other trademarks remain the property of their owners, and are used here for descriptive purposes.