ARRIRAW Plugin for Avid Media Composer
Windows | macOS
Allows you to link, play, edit and transcode ARRIRAW footage via AMA in Avid editing products. It supports linking of complete volumes as well as single clips. The clips may consist of MXF wrapped ARRIRAW frames and PCM Audio or be sequences of unwrapped ARRIRAW frames, *.ari files accompanied by PCM audio Wave files. Also supports linking and decoding sequences of Codex HDE encoded ARRIRAW frames in *.arx files.
The nablet ARRIRAW AMA Plug-in allows you to link, play, edit and transcode ARRIRAW footage via AMA in Avid editing products. It supports linking of complete volumes as well as single clips. The clips may consist of MXF wrapped ARRIRAW frames and PCM Audio or be sequences of unwrapped ARRIRAW frames, *.ari files accompanied by PCM audio Wave files. Furthermore this plugin is able to link and decode sequences of Codex HDE encoded ARRIRAW frames in *.arx files.
In addition the nablet ARRIRAW AMA Plug-in reads and interprets the important meta data that is encapsulated in the ARRIRAW media.
Please read the instructions (included in the download) for important installation and usage information.
Supported Avid Products
Avid Media Composer from v8.2 up to latest releases
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10 64-bit
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
macOS 10.15 Catalina
macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
macOS 10.12 Sierra
OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Debayering and processing of ARRIRAW frames requires a lot of resources. For a fluent workflow your editing system shall meet the requirements below:
- A powerful CPU with at least 8 logical cores. Preferred is a workstation with dual Intel Xeon processors.
- On windows PCs a high end GPU which supports CUDA or OpenCL (1.2 or above).
On Mac PCs a high end GPU which supports OpenCL (1.2 or above).
- A fast IO able to read 600 MB/s and more. Recommended are SSD RAIDs.
- Installation and Operating Instructions
Please consult the Release Notes and Manual (included in the download file) for instructions on how to install, uninstall and use the plugin.
- Fix: Plugin failed to load under Media Composer version 2018.11 or earlier on Mac systems.
- ASC_CDL values are set in the bins ASC_SOP and ASC_SAT columns.
- Mac version approved for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Fix link failures when there are Mac OS phantom files on the media.
- Detect audio wave files also in the video root folder of HDE encoded media.
- Fixed incorrect clip frame rates in meta data.
- Support proper linking of ari clip folders as clips.
- Support linking and decoding of Codex HDE encoded ARRIRAW frames in *.arx file sequences.
- Uses ARRIRAW SDK 6.1.1
- Mac version now notarized by Apple
New in Version 1.0.1
- Uses ARRIRAW SDK 6.0.4.
- Improved detection of suitable GPU on macOS 10.14.4.
You can download the nablet ARRIRAW AMA plugin and run it in demo mode to ensure that it meets your requirements and is compatible with your system. A nablet logo will be inserted into the decoded images but otherwise the plugin is fully functional.
If you buy a license and unlock the plugin with a license key, you can continue to use the clips that were previously linked in demo mode. You do not need to re-link them. The logo will disappear after the key has been validated by the plugin. However, transcodings and video mixdowns have to be redone since they have been encoded with the logo in the source image.
Developed under license from ARRI AG and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid MediaCentral Platform, Avid Media Composer are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
ARRIRAW, ALEXA, AMIRA are registered trademarks of ARRI AG.
Codex HDE is a trademark owned by Codex Digital Ltd.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. OSX and macOS is are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Avid Media Composer
XAVC S linking plugin
XAVC XDCAM plugin
Sony RAW X-OCN plugin
Grass Valley Edius Pro
XAVC Smart Encoder plugin
HEVC Smart Encoder plugin
For technical support, please send e-mail to:
Your message will be routed to the appropriate nablet team members, a support ticket will be opened for you, and someone from our staff will reply to you as soon as possible.