The nablet XAVC XDCAM plug-in allows you to link, play, and edit XAVC and MPEG-2 MXF clips recorded on the XDCAM Station (XDCAM Professional Media Station), SxS and XQD memory cards, Professional Discs, or stored on hard disks, inside supported Avid NLE products. The nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in also supports proxy editing workflows from certain Professional Disc devices. Furthermore this plug-in allows to export XAVC LongGOP and XAVC Intra MXF files in HD and 4K format.
The nablet XDCAM-EX Plug-in allows you to link, play and edit XDCAM EX content recorded on SxS memory cards or stored on hard disks, inside the supported Avid NLE products.
The nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in is the successor of the former Sony PDZK-MA2 plug-in. Note that the nablet plug-in and the Sony plug-in cannot coexist on the same system. The installation of the nablet plug-in guarantees a seamless transition* in your XAVC XDCAM editing workflow after the Sony plug- in had been uninstalled.
*Note that clips in an editing project which have previously been linked by the Sony plug-in will show same plug-in name in the bins clip info although the nablet plug-in now handles them. This is because the Avid application stored the initial information persistently.
Note: The nablet plug-ins and the legacy Sony plug-ins cannot coexist on the same system. Having them both installed will result in unpredictable behaviors of the editing application.
What’s new in version 4.5.2?
- On XAVC export remove obsolete meta data inherited from source clips from ANC data packets and write color space information ( RDD-18 and Sony private) into ANC Data track.
- Verified on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
New in version 4.5.1
- Added XAVC export option to suppress creation of empty ANC data track.
- Fixed high memory usage during transcoding and video mixdown.
- Fixed linking of XDCAM Proxy files.
New in version 4.5.0
- Installs in ‘Media Composer | First’.
- No longer generates Framing Boxes in AAF on linking because current Media Composer versions fail to interpret them correctly which can lead to unexpected Frame Flex behavior.
- Fixed: Audio noise in linked XAVC files where an index segments duration is not a multiple of 5.
- Fixed: Volumes with PRIVATE folder might fail to be linked under certain Avid applications.
- Fixed: Low bitrate in on first frames possible after a scene change in exported XAVC clips.
New in version 4.0.3
- Full support for Sony XAVC High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut workflow.
- On XAVC export the color space of the source is tagged on the target MXF file.
- Fixed occasional block artifacts in XAVC Intra exports.
- Fixed low bitrate on XAVC Intra VBR modes.
- Fixed linking of XAVC volumes where DISCMETA.XML is missing.
- Linking XAVC BT.2020 files no longer fails on Media Composer version 8.6.5 and later.
- Support XAVC files with GOP precharge.
- For linked XDCAM files add certain missing meta data to AAF.
- More strict check for XAVC or XDCAM compliance of files the host asks to link to avoid issues with unsupported files.
New in version 4.0.2
- Improved quality of exported XAVC video on all profiles.
- Support XAVC Intra 2K/4K CBG mode export.
- Extended XAVC export to up to 16 audio channels.
- A custom ‘Video Bitrate’ bin column shows the XAVC clip’s bitrate.
New in version 4.0.1
- ASC_CDL values are set in the bins ASC_SOP and ASC_SAT columns. Note that they are only set when they are not at the default of (1,1,1)(0,0,0)(1,1,1),(1).
- Removed 720p XAVC Intra Class 200 and QFHD XAVC LongGOP 4:2:2 100Mbps 50p/59.94p from the choice of XAVC export operating points as they are not part of the specification.
- Fix: Failed to link certain XAVC LongGOP files with huge number of index segments.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Supported Avid Products
- Avid Media Composer v8.3/v8.4/8.5/8.6/8.7/8.8/8.9 latest releases
- Avid Media Composer | First 8.8/8.9 latest releases
Note that this plugin only supports XAVC and XDCAM in MXF container. It does not support XAVC S format in MP4 container. A separate XAVC S plugin is available here.
HD 1280×720HD 1280×720
XAVC-Intra Class 100 (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 200 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 35 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 25 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 60 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 156 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 240 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 300 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 140 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 200 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
Developed under license from Sony Corporation and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid Media Composer and Avid NewsCutter are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony, X-OCN, XDCAM, XAVC are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.