Many customers have asked us for a solution to support NXCAM camcorders and other cameras with XAVC S recording capabilities.Free demo versions are available for download below. In demo mode, a nablet logo will be added to decoded images but otherwise the plugin is fully functional. Click here to purchase a single license key and unlock the plugin to make the logo disappear, or use the links above to buy a multi-license pack. You do not need to re-link clips that were previously linked in demo mode. However, transcodings, consolidations and video mixdowns have to be re-done since they have been encoded with the logo in the source image.
What’s New in Version 2.0.0?
- Mac version refactored and approved for macOS 11.0 (Big Sur, Intel Mac).
- Uses hardware accelerated decoding when available.
- AMA File Export of XAVC S compliant and generic MP4 AVC (4:2:0) media.
New in Version 1.1.0
- Support for new 4:2:2 10 bit AVC Long GOP and Intra encoded video.
- Support for new Hi-Res 24 bit and multichannel audio.
- Support for interlaced XAVC substream (proxy) operating points.
- Support for linking XAVC substream volumes (PXROOT).
New in Version 1.0.8
- Fix: Plugin failed to load under Media Composer version 2018.11 or earlier on Mac systems.
New in Version 1.0.7
- Mac version approved for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
New in Version 1.0.6
- Improved memory management.
- Uses new scaler.
- Passed Apple Notarization.
- New in Version 1.0.5
- Improved stability.
New in Version 1.0.4
- Fixed crashes or hangups on certain corrupted media.
- Map AAC 5.1 channels (C-L-R-LS-RS-LFE) to SMPTE order (L-R-C-LF-LS-RS).
- If available prefer Unified Common Timecode from Realtime metadata over timecode from LtcChangeTable in NonRealtime metadata..
New in Version 1.0.3
- Fix incorrect start timecode value for HFR.
- Detect BT.2020 HLG and PQ HDR.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit (required to utilize hardware accelerated decoder)
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- macOS 11.00 (Big Sur) (Intel Mac only)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Supported Avid Products
- Avid Media Composer v8.3 to latest releases
The nablet XAVC S AMA plugin is able to utilize hardware accelerated AVC decoders for decoding 4:2:0 footage. Your computer should be equipped with an external NVIDIA or AMD GPU or an Intel CPU with Quick Sync Video feature, which support decoding of AVC footage. For the capabilities of your external GPU and your CPU please check the manufacturers specification.
Decoding of 4:2:2 footage is currently not supported by any GPU accelerator and will be processed by the software decoder.
Minimum required GPU driver versions on Windows systems (Windows 10 required):
- NVIDIA: 456.71
- AMD: 20.7.1
- Intel Iris: 184.108.40.20641
On Mac systems hardware accelerated AVC decoding is supported starting from macOS 10.13 through the Apple Video Toolbox API and the performance depends on the systems OS version and hardware configuration.
Developed under license from:
Avid Technology, Inc.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
wxWindows Library License 3.1.
Avid, Avid MediaCentral Platform, Avid Media Composer are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony and XAVC S are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.