The nablet Sony RAW Plug-in allows you to link, play and edit the new Sony X-OCN format as well as, F65, F55, F5 and NEX-FS700 Raw MXF files via AMA in Avid editing products.
The plug-in provides support of viewing and editing capability with the gamma curve (S-Log3) and color space (S-Gamut3.Cine). The plug-in will translate the image into S-Log2/S-Gamut when the meta data shows that the clip was shot in this monitoring environment. Otherwise, the image will be translated into S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine. Please select the LUT in Source Settings window accordingly.
The nablet Sony RAW Plug-in is the successor of the former Sony PLAV-RW1 plug-in. Note that the nablet plug-in and the Sony plug-in cannot coexist on the same system. The installation of the nablet plug-in guarantees a seamless transition* in your Sony RAW editing workflow after the Sony plug-in had been uninstalled.
*Note that clips in an editing project which have previously been linked by the Sony plug-in will show same plug-in name in the bins clip info although the nablet plug-in now handles them. This is because the Avid application stored the initial information persistently.
Note: The nablet plug-ins and the legacy Sony plug-ins cannot coexist on the same system. Having them both installed will result in unpredictable behaviors of the editing application.
What’s New in Version 4.5.2?
- Improved performance for X-OCN processing in ‘Draft’ and ‘Best Performance’ quality modes by reducing IO load.
- Verified on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
New in Version 4.5.1
- Fixed high memory usage during transcoding and video mixdown
New in Version 4.5.0
- Installs in Media Composer | First.
- No longer generates Framing Boxes in AAF on linking because current Media Composer versions fail to interpret them correctly which can lead to unexpected Frame Flex behavior.
New in Version 4.0.3
Fix: Black pixels on the left and right margins of the decoded image.
New in Version 4.0.1
- ASC_CDL values are set in the bins ASC_SOP and ASC_SAT columns. Note that they are only set when they are not at the default of (1,1,1)(0,0,0)(1,1,1),(1).
- Fix: Failed to automatically link X-OCN volumes.
- Fix: Distortions in extreme highlights.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Supported Avid Products
- Avid Media Composer v8.3/v8.4/8.5/8.6/8.7/8.8/8.9 latest releases
- Avid Media Composer | First 8.8/8.9 latest releases
- Media storage must be able to sustain a data rate of 600 MB/s per stream.
- Windows OS minimum system requirement: Dual 6 core Intel Xeon Core i7 (Nehalem or later) with multithreading enabled at a speed of 2.66GHz or higher with at least 8 GB of memory installed.
- MAC OS minimum system requirements: Dual 6 core Intel Xeon at a speed of 2.66GHz or higher with at least 8 GB of memory installed.
- OpenCL supported graphic cards are required.
- It is recommended the Video Quality Playback option be set to Best Performance.
Developed under license from Sony Corporation and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid Media Composer and Avid NewsCutter are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony, X-OCN, XDCAM, XAVC are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.