The nablet Sony RAW X-OCN AMA Plugin allows you to link, play and edit the Sony X-OCN formats as well as F65, F55, F5, and NEX-FS700 Raw MXF files via AMA in Avid editing products. Furthermore it supports the VENICE/CineAltaV X-OCN and RAW formats.
The plug-in provides support of viewing and editing capability with the gamma curve (S-Log3) and color space (S-Gamut3.Cine). The plug-in will translate the image into S-Log2/S-Gamut when the meta data shows that the clip was shot in this monitoring environment. Otherwise, the image will be translated into S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine. Please select the LUT in Source Settings window accordingly.
The nablet Sony RAW X-OCN AMA Plugin is the successor of the former Sony PLAV-RW1 plug-in. Note that the nablet plug-in and the Sony plug-in cannot coexist on the same system. The installation of the nablet plug-in guarantees a seamless transition* in your Sony RAW editing workflow after the Sony plug-in had been uninstalled.
*Note that clips in an editing project which have previously been linked by the Sony plug-in will show same plug-in name in the bins clip info although the nablet plug-in now handles them. This is because the Avid application stored the initial information persistently.
Note: The nablet plug-ins and the legacy Sony plug-ins cannot coexist on the same system. Having them both installed will result in unpredictable behaviors of the editing application.
What’s New in Version 4.6.3?
- Added control to modify a clip’s exposure value in Source Settings dialog.
New in Version 4.6.2
- Fix: Plugin failed to load under Media Composer version 2018.11 or earlier on Mac systems.
New in Version 4.6.1
- Fix volume linking for X-OCN XT.
- Mac version approved for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
New in Version 4.6.0
- Support for the new VENICE/CineAltaV v4.0 imager mode 4K 2.39:1.
- Adjusted black level in color conversion.
- Mac version now notarized by Apple.
- Fixed detection of supported Nvidia OpenCL GPU on certain system configurations with latest Nvidia drivers.
- Added support for the new VENICE/CineAltaV v3.0 imager modes 5.7K 16:9 and 6K 2.39:1
- Added support for new X-OCN XT recording format.
- Added White Balance adjustment controls in the Source Settings dialog.
- Added dual GPU support for RAW/X-OCN development and color conversion.
- Improved stability
- Added support for the new VENICE/CineAltaV v2 imager modes 6K 17:9 and 1.85:1 and 4K 6:5 (anamorphic).
- Increased GPU power utilization for better playback performance.
- Fixed swapped LT/ST labeling for X-OCN from VENICE/CineAltaV camera.
- Fixed link failures cause by invalid GPU detection on certain hardware configuration.
- Improved playback performance on multicore systems.
- Support new VENICE/CineAltaV X-OCN and RAW profiles.
- Improved detection of supported GPU devices.
- Write AudioRefLevel into AAF when present in source MXF.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Supported Avid Products
- Avid Media Composer v8.3 to latest releases
- Media storage must be able to sustain a data rate of 600 MB/s per stream.
- Windows OS minimum system requirement: Dual 6 core Intel Xeon Core i7 (Nehalem or later) with multithreading enabled at a speed of 2.66GHz or higher with at least 8 GB of memory installed.
- MAC OS minimum system requirements: Dual 6 core Intel Xeon at a speed of 2.66GHz or higher with at least 8 GB of memory installed.
- OpenCL supported graphic cards are required.
- It is recommended the Video Quality Playback option be set to Best Performance.
Developed under license from Sony Corporation and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid Media Composer and Avid NewsCutter are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony, X-OCN, XDCAM, XAVC are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.