Inter BEE 2017, TOKYO, Japan — November 15, 2017 — nablet, a leading provider of media analysis and processing technologies, announced today that it has released essenceXplorer, a powerful visual analysis tool for MPEG-2, H.264, H.265 and AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) video.
Available for Windows and Linux, essenceXplorer helps identify problems in video, such as artifacts or bitstream compliance issues. It also displays information about the prior encoding which can help in troubleshooting. The new tool integrates with nablet MXF Explorer. After opening an MXF file, MXF Explorer can simply pass the video essence to essenceXplorer for deeper analysis of the file.
The user-friendly interface includes:
- Convenient frame-by-frame navigation
- A frame size histogram
- Color coding to indicate different kinds of frames (I, B, P)
- Marking of reference frames of the current picture
- Easy-to-use visual presentation of data at different levels of a video stream, plus decoding stages
- All headers with content, including header sizes and offsets
- Highlighting of slices and headers (SPS, PPS, etc.)
- Pixels to be predicted and reconstructed after deblocking and adaptive loop filtration
- Coding units (CU): coordinates, dimension, and bit-size, including color highlighting different types of CUs (Inter, Intra)
- NAL information
- Frame types
- Frame sizes
- Time stamps
- Decoding/display order counters
- Display of many parameters
- Bit distribution between frame elements
- Data coding units
- Predicted partitions
- Transform partitions
- Motion vectors
- Different stages of picture decoding (predicted picture, before/after deblock filtering, HRD buffer, etc.)
“We are proud to expand our content analysis product line,” said Muzaffer Beygirci, CEO of nablet. “EssenceXplorer, powered by Solveig, joins MXF Explorer, MP4 Analyzer, and Transport Stream Analyzer in giving professionals the tools they need to evaluate content.”
essenceXplorer is available for $699 (USD). Download and purchase links are available at www.nablet.com/essencexplorer/.
nablet is a premiere provider of streaming, codec, muxing, and transcoding solutions for the broadcast and entertainment markets. This is coupled with a strong R&D focus on content analysis, image processing and automated metadata creation. nablet’s products seamlessly integrate with other partners and vendors providing reliable turnkey broadcast solutions. Additional information is available at www.nablet.com.
nablet is a trademark of nablet GmbH.