nablet mediaEngine is a transcoder for live and file based workflows, that facilitates the encoding of video and audio media to a variety of acquisition, editing, broadcast and web formats. It runs either stand-alone or within a multi-node rendering farm controlled by third party apps like netorium’s Active Transfer Tool (ATT) and others.
mediaEngine has an integrated ultra-fast threading model that makes maximum use of the given resources. The transcoding speed is maximized as the built-in nablet video codecs are also optimized for the internal workflow. Specially optimized encoders and decoders for specific formats like XDCAM provide further advantages compared to standard multi-purpose codecs.
nablet mediaEngine is designed to allow highest possible scalability to set up cluster and cloud based media processing and high density transcoding solutions.
mediaEngine takes full advantage of a GPU accelerated processing pipeline including Intel quick sync encoding, decoding, and other functions like scaling, inverse telecine, etc.
Time critical ingest jobs that media companies face today are optimized by mediaEngine’s innovative MXF while-function. It greatly reduces latency by processing MXF files while reading or writing.
nablet mediaEngine supports all major formats and handles critical transcoding (partially optional) operations including:
- Format conversion SD, HD and UHD
- Color space conversion and correction
- Video de-noising
- Scene detection and segmentation
- Video fingerprinting
- Stitching and smart rendering
nablet mediaEngine allows file based cut edit (stitching) and transcoding using simple configuration files, even with live ingest into MXF using the while-function. Ingest supports live from device (SDI) and UDP sources, as well as file based input.
- Object-oriented C++ interface with an ultrafast asynchronous threading model
- Plug-in interface to integrate third party modules (DirectShow, Media Foundation, QuickTime, GStreamer, AviSynth etc.)
- 8-bit 4:2:0 GPU accelerated transcoding
- 10-bit 4:20/4:2:2 HEVC GPU accelerated encoding
- 10-bit 4:2:2 high quality software based transcoding (nablet codecs)
- Supports all Intel second generation and higher HD Graphics GPUs
- Supports Artesyn and Intel VCA hardware for accelerated transcoding
- Multi-platform OS support: Windows, Linux and Mac OS (MAC is software only)
- Smart rendering for MPEG-2 video like XDCAM family
- Smart rendering for AVC-I and X-AVC video (coming soon)
- Amazon e3 support
- 264/AVC, 8-bit GPU accelerated/10-bit 4:2:2 software encoding
- Sony XAVC including Long GOP
- DV25/DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO 100/HD
- IMX, XDCAM HD family
- MPEG-2, MPEG-1
- MPEG-4 Part 2/H.263 (decode only)
- HEVC Software and Intel GPU accelerated (only Skylake)
- MJPEG and JPEG
- VP8 / VP9 (coming soon)
- MPEG Audio Layer I/II/III
- MPEG-4 AAC LE/HE
- QuickTime (MOV)
- MPEG-1 SS
- MPEG-2 PS/TS
- WMV (Windows only)
- MPEG DASH (coming soon)
- DirectShow Capture
- Media Foundation Capture
Optional Advanced Operations
- High quality scaling with sub-pixel rendering
- Automated segmentation / scene detection
- High quality denoising
- Video overlay for logo insertion
- Video fingerprinting
- Fully functional command-line sample application using presets
- Geo data insertion and extraction
- Ad insertion (coming soon)
Demo version and purchase link coming soon.